Public Works Department of New Taipei City Government
Chinese Public Works Engineering Information Association ，CPWEIA
1.BIM4.0 system is applied for building permit with 3D BIM model on new public buildings of New Taipei City Government. It also provides e-submission and e-plan checking on the website.
2.This provide a platform to develop IOT and cloud computing of smart city policies in New Taipei City Government
The industry 4.0 is a trend to develop Internet of Things(IOT)and cloud computing in the word. The BIM 4.0 is integrated with BIM and industry 4.0 which means to automate buildings. As this concept, we try to build building life circle with 3D model. The 3D model provides an interface to link building data which included design, construction and final completion phase. These data are the fundamental base for smart cites. The Building Permit Assist Checking System (BPACS) is used by architects and reviewers of two government agencies, including Public Works Department and Urban& Rural Department on the building permit process. The system has integrated Building Information management system of Construction and Planning Agency (CPA) and i-Map platform of New Taipei City. In the future, the citizens can download an APP on their mobile phones to get services, such as safety, tourist guide, and the latest information of public buildings.
The BPACS platform is the keystone to promote 3D smart city policies of New Taipei City government. In 2014, the first BIM project that includes three sport center buildings in Yonghe, Shulin and Xizhi dirtricts submitted digital model data(IFC2*3)and finished e-plan checking on this system. This is a forerunner plan of BIM and ahead of other cities in Taiwan.
1. Roadmap for the implementation of BIM in New Taipei CityThe goal of our city roadmap is to create a human, friendly, convenient and safe environment. According to this structure, we have guided four directions which include GIS, BIM, Civil and PFI to develop digital New Taipei City.(fig1)
fig1：Roadmap for the implementation of BIM in New Taipei City
2.Schedules and Purposes
There are four stages from 2014 to 2026 to develop our smart city policies. The purpose in each stage is as follows:
(1)The first stage (from 2014 to 2016) : to create a safe environment.
We adapt the interior system of PWD and summarize the safety information of building management provided for citizens .
(2) The second stage (from 2017 to 2019) : to create a convenience environment.
We create cloud computing platform and edit open data standards to integrate GIS ,BIM, Civil and PFI systems.
(3) The third stage (from 2020 to 2022) :to make a friendly environment.
We complete demonstration districts with 3D GIS platform that can be adapted for building management. The citizens also can use it as tourist information platform.
(4) The fourth stage ( from2022 to 2026) : establishing IOT communities and digital cities.
We hope to create a human environment.
fig2：Schedules and Purposes of smart city
3.Website of BPAS system and implementation cases
fig3：Website of BPAS system ,URL：http://www.bim.ntpc.gov.tw/
fig4：Three sport center buildings in Yonghe, Shulin and Xizhi dirtrict
fig5：Cases sheet on BPAS system
Fig6：BIM model data and COBie template
4.Art Museum of New Taipei City (apply building permit on May 26 ,2016)
Fig7：3D PDF show the errors(red blocks) between stair and floor
- The BPAS code checking system assists to deliberate of open space design for private case (apply company：Architect Xiao)
Fig8：Submit applying document on BPAS system
- Showing IFC data of Open space name and area as 3D digital model
Fig9：Using 3D PDF to show the sidewalk location on building site
7.Calculating BIM model data and complying with building code for open space design
Fig10：complying building act 284、285、286 with BIM model
(The acts of green button is needed to check the design values and the red button can be ignored )
8.A GIS platform that integrating building management and BPAS system can be adapted for construction management.
Fig11: Adapting digital model and electrical worksheet on building site
Fig12:The different color means different situation on each site
(For example, The red color is mean that the site is prohibited from building )
- The BIM seminar was held on 16th July 2016. Public Construction Commission Execute Yuan, Architecture and Building Research Institute, Ministry of the Interior, Audit office, Real Estate development Union of New Taipei city and New Taipei city Architect Association were invited in the seminar.
Fig13：Honors guests take a photo with major Zhu
10.3D GIS platform for digital city—We will integrate digital maps and BIM model data to build 3D GIS platform on fourth phase. It is also a infrastructure for urban development and management.
fig14：Visual 3D GIS platform
Fig15：BIM data for facility management