Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan
Ling Cheng Technology Corporation, Ltd.
“Farm Production Management System” contains web and app services (on both Android and iOS platform). This system uses mobile device apps, Near Field Communications (NFC), QR Code, and Global Positioning System (GPS) technologies to strengthen management and simplify the operating processes. It is designed based on TGAP to ensure fulfilling the requirements of actual agricultural operations. It is the most comprehensive and efficient agricultural production management services.
Smart applications: Farmers can use cloud service and smart handheld device to manage their farms, track all farm work in one hand, cumulate the data of cultivation process, and refer to optimal crop output planning. Farmers can also upload operating record to "Agricultural Production Resume System" so that they can substantially shorten processing times.
Flexible design: Farm Production Management System is suitable for different size of agricultural units. Large organizations can use it to track and manage the production operation situation of associate farmers. Small farmers can improve operational efficiency and effectiveness through self-management.
Wide variety of applications: Farm Production Management System is applied to organic, traceable and conventional farming. There are more than 1,200 agricultural units users who manage over 5,000 hectares field since the system operated just more than one year.
Continuously upgraded service: With the feedback from farmers and the development of IT, we intensify system functions and optimize user interface so that users can use the system more easily, do less paperwork, and use more smart operational functions. This system improves farmer’s efficiency and produces quality, accelerates the application of smart agriculture, promotes agricultural development in Taiwan, and sets a good example in agricultural technology in the world.
「Farm Production Management System can be used in various agricultural production fields. Not only peasants, but also small land-owners and big tenant farmers can use it to manage multiple cropland and contract-farming. The following are some examples:
1. Time saving: Our customers such as Tainan Cereal Cooperative (臺南善化雜糧合作社), Foodhealthy (幸福良食), Young Sun Frozen Food (永昇冷凍) and so on manage more than hundreds or even thousands of cropland. The largest area is around 600 hectares. And our APP help them greatly improve efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Money saving and practical: The APP integrated with the National Land Surveying and Mapping Platform and Google Maps. It accurately marks cropland location and provides navigation function to guide users to the correct place. Users do not need to worry about plowing the wrong cropland and have to make reparation. Besides, users can cut fuel costs of agricultural machinery by driving through the best route.
3. Labour saving helper: Mr. Yi-Xiu Tsai, who lived in Zhutang Township, Changhua County, changed the traditional operating ways. He used Farm Production Management System to manage more than 10 hectares of cabbage fields, and won the championship in 2016 Labour Saving PK Game hold by National Farmers’ Association, R.O.C.
4. Safer Food: Taking pictures in real time makes production resumes more sensible. Central Taiwan Agricultural Cooperative (臺中中都合作社) provides its agricultural produces to all schools in Taichung as ingredients for lunch. They are going to use Farm Production Management System to enter production information.
5. Business Matchmaking: Fu Yeh International (福業國際), the logistics company of Leezenask Organic (里仁有機), asks its suppliers to implement Farm Production Management System. So Fu Yeh can audit farmers and ensure the produces quality. Farmers concentrate on producing high-quality products and Fu Yeh help farmers sell their products. As a result, they create a win-win situation.
6. Production-marketing coordination: Farmers can use Farm Production Management System to estimate yield and adjust instantly according to weather, planting areas, and growing conditions. Cooperative channel operators then can make decisions based on the records and reduce the imbalance between supply and demand.
Picture 1. Home Page of Farm Production Management System
Picture 2. APP Service