National Sun Yat-sen University
The URDA cloud sharing electric motorcycle leasing system is a business service model. The hardware part of the system includes electric motorcycles and charging sites. the software part is composed of automatic innovative leasing systems. The service model and application field are described as follows:
- The SWAP electric motorcycle plays an essential role in the leasing system for its noise-free and zero exhaust emissions. SWAP is a high-performance, high-power, great torque electric motorcycle with superb climbing capability. The performance is comparable to a 125CC gasoline engine motorcycle.
- SWAP is a vehicle unrestricted by terrain, and can be a highly acceptable alternative for the urban users who are used to riding conventional motorcycles.
- For the software, the cloud based leasing system is connecting through mobile APP; the user can sign up for the membership and reserve an electric motorcycle by using smartphone. Besides, the user may return the e-moto at different locations, for example, leasing the electric motorcycle at A station, but returning it at B station.
- The leasing system accepts multiple ways of payment including ATM, convenience store payment, third-party payment, etc. The system is also connected with IPASS payment. These multi-payment methods improve service quality with automatic convenient operation to users.
- According to the study, the rental price is a key consideration in determining whether a user is hiring; therefore, URDA leasing system adopts the minute lease, and the fee is based solely on individual usage, not on a daily basis.
- As the cost of minute lease is much lower, college students, social freshman do not need to spend a lot of money to buy a motorcycle and to maintain it. The leasing system also provides an electronic tracking service, and users no longer need to bear the risk of motorcycle theft.
A pilot project of the URDA cloud sharing electric motorcycle leasing system has been implemented in Sun Yat-sen University. All rental/charging stations were laid out in accordance with the needs of the university. We plan to build the distribution network of rental sites step by step linking with neighboring stations, MRT stations and public buildings, and local attractions,. Base on the testing experience, the URDA system will be gradually extended to Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, and even to the world.
The URDA cloud sharing electric motorcycle leasing system has been introduced and field tested in Kaohsiung Sun Yat-sen University from the second half of 2016.
Sun Yat-sen University is selected as the testing field primarily due to its unique geographical location; the campus resides on rolling hills and overlooks the seashore, having the only public beach of Kaohsiung city and close to the West Bay scenic area. The Sun Yat-sen University not only has the characteristics of a college campus, but also has the nature of tourist attractions.
At present, the university is the most appropriate field for the testing of URDA innovative electric vehicle leasing system, because there are about 9,500 students in the university, coupled with constant stream of various types of visitors and tourist, and in a special geographical environment, and so on.
In this project, the number of electric motorcycles will be progressively expanded to 400 units on the campus. Initially, the leasing system is to focus on the needs of first-year and students living in dorms, and build a number of leasing sites on campus to facilitate their transportation requirements. Through an initial success, we also look forward to spreading the sharing system radially from the Sun Yat-sen University to the whole city of Kaohsiung.
We expect to set up 40 leasing sites based on the user demand in the Sun Yat-sen University. During the first phase of the project, we have established two leasing sites at HI-LIFE convenience store and College of Literature in the university; in the second phase of project, we will also complete the construction of eight station areas on campus, including Wuling, Trahan quarters, and the Marine Sciences Academy in the future.
The URDA automatic leasing system is an unmanned management system; users can reserve and return the electric motors easily by using automatic leasing APP.
Linking electric motors and databases by combining the network infrastructure and wireless communication capabilities to perform vehicle control, power detection, user identification, and other related services.