2018 SCSE — Building Smart Cities on the IoT
IntroductionSmart City Summit & Expo, established in 2014, is not only the platform Taiwan ICT industry to present their smart city solutions, but also the biggest IoT application exhibition in Asia. City leaders from all over the world are gathered in Taipei to exchange their experience in smart city development, learning a diversity of innovative applications and solutions, and thus escalating the growth of smart cities worldwide through communications among suppliers and buyers. ‘Building Smart Cities on the IoT’ has been the theme of Smart City Summit & Expo. With the comprehensive IoT network, the city leaders can make smart decisions based on the Big Data collected from cities and citizens.
In the 5th edition in 2018, the highlights are as follows:
- 1. Mayors’ Summit
- In 2017, 54 city leaders from 29 countries join this session, which includes 22 oversea mayors. In 2018, more than 100 worldwide city leaders are expected to participate in the Mayors’ Summit.
- 2. Pre-Launch of GO Smart (Global Organization of Smart Cities)
- GO Smart, founded by Taipei City Government, is a network of smart cities, in which member cities will share their experience and open up city as a living lab.
- 3. Smart City Forums
- This year, there will be 50+ professional forums in the Smart City Summit & Expo (48 half-day tracks in 2017), with a wide range of topics covering Transportation, Healthcare, Education, Building, New Energy, and Agriculture.
- 4. Exhibition
- Over 1,000+ booths (900 in 2017) will present diverse smart city solutions in SCSE. Moreover, the displays will include exhibition from the UK, Italy, France, Denmark, Japan, Russia, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, and etc.
- 5. 2018 World Telecom Smart City Conference
- 30+ telecom operators and 20+ System Integrator are expected to join the Conference under the topics of Internet of Vehicles (IoV) and Artificial Intelligence (A.I.).
- 6. Sustainable City Forum
- Jointly organized by Taipei Computer Association (TCA) and Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI), Sustainable City Forum will gather worldwide member cities to discuss Circular Economy, Green Finance, and Smart Energy.
Furthermore, 3 professional sub-expos will be held concurrently in 2018.
- 1. Smart Healthcare Expo (SHE Taipei)
- SHE Taipei is jointly organized by TCA and Joint Commission of Taiwan, and advised by Ministry of Health and Welfare. The highlights of SHE Taipei include Hospital Superintendents Conference, Healthcare Interactive Pavilion, Declaration on International Cooperation in Smart Hospital, and Smart Hospital Summit. 60+ healthcare experts from Taiwan and abroad will participate in this SHE Taipei.
- 2. FuturE2D Expo
- Jointly organized by TCA and Institute for Information Industry (III), FuturE2D Expo presents different situations and solutions in Smart Education. 50+ oversea principals, specialists, and officials are expected to join its International Forum.
- 3. Intelligent Building Expo (IBE Taipei)
- Jointly organized by TCA and Taiwan Intelligent Building Association (TIBA), IBE Taipei will invite Asia Pacific Intelligent Green Building Alliance (APIGBA) members to its international forums, and industry experts will exhibit their latest applications in the event.
Competitions & Award
- Innovative Application Award
- System Integration Award
Building Smart Cities on the IoT
Taipei Computer Association;
Taipei City Government;
Taiwan Smart City Solution Alliance
Technology Research Institute
Department of Information and Tourism,Taipei City Government.
Date & Venue
March 27th (Tue.) to March 30th (Fri.) 2018
March 27th 9:30-18:00; March 28th-30th 10:00-18:00
Nangang Exhibition Hall
(No.1, Jingmao 2nd Rd., Nangang District, Taipei City 11568, Taiwan)
National Sustainable Development Network of Executive Yuan
National Development Council
National Communications Commission, NCC
Board of Science and Technology of Executive Yuan
Ministry of Economic Affairs
Ministry of Health and Welfare
Industrial Development Bureau of Ministry of Economic Affairs
The Bureau of Foreign Trade of Ministry of Economic Affairs
Department of International Cooperation of Ministry of Economic Affairs
2018 SCSE is Expected to bring together
2017 Event ReviewDownload
Exhibitor Application KitDownload