Taitung County Government
Smart Industry (Other)
National Taitung University, Toplogis Corporation, Ltd.
(一) Creating Taiwan’s first successful collaboration between industry and academia
This is a tripartite collaboration between the Taitung County Government, Taitung University, and Toplogis Corporation Ltd, which will together establish the “TTMaker Application Software Innovation Park,” in Taitung to create a favorable environment for academic research, market applications, and new business development. This will enable various value-added,cloud-based, big data innovation services to assist various industries and services in Taitung.
(二) Co-space model architecture combines functionality, habitability,education, and design elements
TTMaker's model structure has been listed as a model subsidy program by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, and is fully supported by the former Executive Director, Mr. Jhang Shan-jung.
TTMaker brings together talent from all over the country and selects outstanding teams to enter Taitung through interviews. The teams are asked to participate in the local life in Taitung for half a year, in order to understand local needs and to cooperate with local schools to nurture local talent. Six months later, a plan is submitted to the county government for review, and if this plan is approved a grant is offered. The county government provides the best resources to help young people and entrepreneurs in Taitung, and offers in-depth, sustainable development of new industries.
(三)TTMaker offers the best sharing service through its “Innovator Space”
The most important feature of TTMaker is providing the most suitable space for sharing services, including: shared financial accounting, a shared customer service center, shared secretarial services, shared transport services, and shared personnel and equipment.
(四)The County Government takes the lead in building large data services,
open participation in application development, and helps entrepreneurs.
1.Our plan is to integrate the database of each township and municipality office into the "TT-Cloud Taitung Data Cloud", which will be based on the localcharacteristics of Taitung County. For example: Taitung’s tourism activities, Taitung’s publicity films, Taitung’s agricultural products , the Taitung Story House, Taitung’s attractions and food, and other information gathered by the Taitung County government which is specific to Taitung. Such data will serve as a basis for the further development of different innovative applications by entrepreneurial teams within the Innovation Park
2.The establishment of TT-Cloud and the establishment of API will be the cornerstones of Taitung's intelligent urban development. Through the development of large data many local demand will be met. All applications are named after TaiTung (TT). For example:
● TTUber, which integrates volunteer teams, rehabilitation buses, regular service buses, community buses, and taxis in the County to provide supplemental commuter services;
● TTBus, which uses GPS functions to display Taitung bus arrival times and to make public transportation more convenient;
● TTCare, which offers a network of long term care, and uses intelligent, assistive real-time detection to treat the elderly and family members;
● TTPacker, which provides personalized guided tour services for international backpackers, and ensures an enjoyable trip in Taitung;
● TTLive, which uses instant recording technology on mobile phones, allowing you share details on events in Taitung. Can be used locally or internationally, on a mobile phone or a large flat screen TV;
● TTCode, which is Taitung’s QR code application, produces multi-lingual digital content, creates a variety of business opportunities, and stimulates revenues to create an international friendly city;
● TTAquarium, which uses virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) as part of an educational interactive game. This game introduces the beauty of coral reefs along the coast of Taitung; and Maker School, FabLab, provide the best equipment and self-made course training for Taitung students and users of Maker;
● TTBarter, which is an international exhibition platform for Taitung student handicrafts, provides the best medium for County children to find inspiration and find a market for their products through the barter system;
● TTMall, which is a smaller, agricultural APP, employs audio-visual story content and serves as a small business platform for farmers in Taitung;
(五)Taitung follows Berlin’s “Wild Child” model, and hopes to attract more creative talent so that it can build a new “Silicon Valley”in our part of the world
(1) Application Location:TTMaker Park is located in Taitung University’s campus, in the building which houses the library.
(2) Operating Space: the park/campus occupies a five story building.
- There is a café open area, and lawn space on the first floor, providing coffee, light food, and healthy fruits and vegetables. It will also be used for national primary and secondary school outdoor educational activities.
- On the second floor and the third floor are the Share Offices (a Co-Workin Space).
- The fourth floor and the fifth floor are for the FabLab Makerspace, which provides 3D printers, laser cutting machines, and other equipment.
(3) TTMaker Innovator Park Recruitment Seminar attracted innovators from all over the country, and nearly 600 people registered for this event.
- During May 2016 in Taipei, Taitung’s TTMaker Park held four recruiting seminars, and participants responded warmly. Nearly 600 guests participated, including professors, teachers, students, those involved in industry, and so on. There were well-known company executives on hand, such as Flying V founder Lin Hong-chuan, representing the nation's largest fund-raising platform. There was also Industrial Square (Ptt.cc) founder Dai Zhi-yang, and even CEOs from foreign companies attended.
- As a result of the enthusiastic response, the Taitung County Magistrate immediately requested the creation of a second park (on the second floor of the original Arkbo cultural and creative base), so that other young people could also help spur the development of new industries in Taitung.
(4) TTMaker Innovator Park interviews - 70 teams applied for residence
After the briefing, 70 teams signaled their interest in utilizing the TTMaker Park. The County Government conducted 70 hours of team interviews, with teams focused on Taitung's tourism, agriculture, education, sustainable green energy, and other topics using a proposed combination of ICT Innovative Applications and Mobile Communication Technology. Following the interviews, 28 teams were invited to the park, 20 teams have become members. In the future these teams will work with local schools to cultivate local talent in Taitung.
(5) Meeting the Innovation Teams for the first time
28 teams and consultants arrived at TTMaker's Taichung campus on July 29,
2016, to host a two-day, one-night TTMaker visit. It was an opportunity to change the city. Mr Huang also met with each team face to face. He listened to their innovative plans, and in August 2016 they were stationed in Taitung.
- Taitung big data and the establishment of an API: the cornerstones in the development of Taitung’s Smart City.
- Social enterprises - Little Innovators: Taitung students’ creative design work exchanged through sharing platform.
- Social enterprises – Big Innovators: Taitung artists export internationally
- TTFree / TTMall Added Value: TTFree and TTMall increase sales of agricultural products and make markets more accessible.
- SBIR Local Innovation Applications: The County plans year-to-year communications technology improvements, industrial restructuring, and development.
- Increases local employment opportunities: This project will create 50 jobs directly and 300 jobs indirectly.
- Improves Taitung’s industrial output: It is estimated that the platform will increase the output value by 10 million per year.
- Enhances communication skills and internship opportunities for Taitung's students: All the projects in the park involve Taitung students.
- Increases the quality of international tourism: the Innvator Park develops innovative applications, with the centrally directed and locally implemented international marketing activities, to improve the quality of international tourism in Taitung.
- Science and technology will have roots Taitung, and attract new residents: In the future this will encourage more innovative technological talent to move to Taitung, and Taitung will become a newer, greener Silicon Valley.
(一) TTMaker Innovator Park Official Website：www.ttmaker.com.tw
(二) During May 2016 in Taipei, Taitung TTMaker Park held four sessions to attract the enthusiastic participation of innovators nationwide. Nearly 600 participated.
(三) On June 30, 2016 the Taitung County Government invited Mr. Chen Shi-jun, founder of Youtube, to the TTMaker Innovation Forum. He praised Taitung’ spotential.
(四) From July 29 to July 30 2016, TTMaker hosted a team reception in Taitung County. Huang Jian-Ting, listened to a group’s development plan.
(五) August ~ October 2016 - intensive entrepreneurial courses and individual team Counseling.
(六) October 12, 2016, led by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the "Pacific Island Youth Leadership Training Program" visited TTMaker. County Magistrate Huang Jian- ting welcomed them and gave gifts, introducing the beauty of Taitung to every country.
(七) TTMaker space in Taitung University campus：
(八) Expansion of park hardware and software facilities in Taitung County.
Aboriginal art-inspired “ark facility” (the second facility), and the original
TTMaker “ark facility” space.
The Aboriginal Art-inspired TTMaker “Ark Facility” Innovation Space – Artist’s Conception
Official Site, related sites, and other links
TTMaker official site：www.ttmaker.com.tw
TTMaker Community FB：