Department of Social Welfare, Taipei City Government
Smart Disaster Prevention
THE G0V COMMUNITY
1)Victim Identification App & Be On the LookOut Website -expand the effectiveness of victims Information
- From Paper to Digital：Simplify complicated Shelter Forms to faster and easier bar-code scanning. Use cellphone camera or bar-code reader to scan the bar-code on your ID card or Victim Identification Card. The data can be collected immediately and transferred to useful digital information directly. It just takes 30 seconds rather than 6 minutes paper work.
- Advantage of Victim Identification App：
- Recording services used by victims(relief supplies, food, medication, consultation, etc.) and their family members can search where they are online. In addition, the record can support related departments the following assistance.
- Operate independently when the power supply shuts down during major disasters.
2)Bifrost System –change the habit of donation
- Antidote to the disaster of donation：The information of relief supplies collecting is usually static, but spreading by media or online results in second disaster. Nongovernmental engineers initiated the prototype of Bifrost System and cooperated with us to build the system.
- Dynamic renewal of relief supplies：The best of Bifrost System is able to summarize relief supplies we have and we need, to let people realize demands for relief supplies in different shelters. It's going to reduce the excessive relief supplies and stop the chaos caused by collecting relief supplies privately.
Public-Private Partnerships, transparently development process and sharing with other government organizations : Above systems are open source and the MIT License. Other government organizations can use it at first hand or after modifying to benefit all disaster prevention workers in Taiwan.
Victim Identification App&Be On the LookOut Website
- Application field：Apply in large-scale disasters and multiple shelters.
- Process：Discussed the ideas of Victim Identification App with g0v Community starting from January and completed in March 2016. Then we tested this App during the Disaster Prevention and Relief Exercise on March 25, 2016. The data of victims we collected on that day transferred into Be On the LookOut Website. People in shelters could be searched online indeed.
- Internal benefits：save 91% time cost averagely.
- External benefits：save 93% time cost averagely
- Application field：Apply in large-scale disasters to show available relief supplies in government and the status we collect relief supplies publicly.
- Process：Discussed the concept and interface of Bifrost system with g0v Community starting from October and completed in November 2015. Successfullylinked the data from the system of Ministry of Health and Welfare in January 2016 and traced its inventory. Then we displayed the system during the Disaster Prevention and Relief Exercise on March 25, 2016.
- Control the donation and improve efficiency：Educate the public that excessive relief supplies hinder government from disaster relief instead. Donating assigned items and amount according to Bifrost System not only improves efficiency but maximizes the benefits of resources.
- Publicize relief supplies data dynamically：The purpose of Bifrost System is to integrate available relief supplies and demands in shelters and disaster sites. Instead of appearing on government website in normal times, relief supplies data publicizes dynamically on government particular web page and social media when disasters happen.
- Integrate different relief supplies systems：Besides combining relief supplies inventory from the system of Ministry of Health and Welfare, we consider including the data of Victim Identification App, logistics system and Food Bank to develop connected relief supplies information path on storage, donation, distribution and re-give.
Victim Identification App Instructions
Be On the LookOut Website for the disaster prevention and relief exercise in 2016.